Monday, May 7, 2012

The SCALE! How Often Should You Weigh Yourself?

I was watching some reality show on TLC the other day and a woman in her early 40's had weighed herself everyday for 23 years. She was overweight, unhealthy physically and mentally. Her daily mood and attitude was dictated by the scale every day.  She was also influencing her teenage daughter in a very negative way.  So...how often should we weigh ourselves?  I don't have the answer, but I can tell you what my weigh-in habits look like.   I do not own a scale.  I weigh myself once in a while at the Y before a workout (once every few months) and I get weighed once per year at my annual OB appt.  I keep track of my weight at these appts because I don't want my weight to creep up from year to year.  Today, I went for my yearly appt and I lost TWO POUNDS from last year!  Yahoo!  I keep track of my weight at these appts, so I can keep myself in check.  One pound here and one pound there may not seem like a big deal, but one pound a year for 20 years, can lead to 20 extra pounds.  Just something to think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment