Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Easy Ways to Stay Hydrated on These HOT DAYS

It's 9:55 a.m. and I have no central air.  I was sweating when I got out of the shower.  It is dangerously HOT today.  These are the days that it is VITAL to keep your body well hydrated.  I have managed to drink about 65 ounces of water already today and I'm just getting started.  I was very nervous at boot camp this morning. I had a tough workout prepared for my clients and it was HOT, even at 5:45 a.m.  I kept reminding them every 5 seconds to drink, drink, drink!!!!  They were so annoyed with me.  But no one passed out or went into heat stroke, so I did my job.  I know it's tough to drink plain old water sometimes, but there is nothing like the taste of cool, crisp water on a day like today.  Two things you can do to stay hydrated is to slice up some citrus fruit and squeeze it in your water.  Also, drink out of a straw.  You will drink SOOOO much more out of a straw.  I cut up some grapefruit and lemons this morning and have them in my water. Doesn't that sound refreshing?  Remember....if you are lethargic, have a headache and are cranky, it simply could be that you need to drink more water, so get on it!  If you are thirsty, then you are already on the way to dehydration, so sip it throughout the day to avoid signs of dehydration.  remember....half of your body weight in ounces of water per day PLUS a ton more if you are working out!  Happy drinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment