Monday, May 23, 2011

Waterslide Wedding a SUCCESS (with some minor issues...)

Wow...I can't believe it's over.  My little sister finally tied the knot last Friday.  She looked absolutely gorgeous and her husband, Chad is perfect for her.  I can't move today...I am so tired from a whirlwind of fun and from dancing in my pink shoes all night long.  Definitely too much to eat and too much to drink over the last few days.  Back to the grind.  This is a very important day.  The Monday after a crazy, fun event.  It's cloudy out...there is that "after-party let down", the melancholy is in the air, the mental and physical exhaustion kicks in.  We can all relate. The is the time that we come to a crossroad.  We can feed our "blues" with sugary, starchy foods to get some immediate satisfaction and we can sit on the couch and be lazy all day.  OR we can bounce back to our great eating habits and drag ourselves out to get some exercise (this decision is much more challenging in the short-term).  I am back on the bandwagon today.  I decided last week that today would be a day off from the gym so I can catch up on work.  However, my schedule is mapped out for the rest of the week and I will be back at the gym tomorrow.  I started my day with a bottle of water, 2 cups of coffee (my Keurig is here!) and a very healthy spinach and egg white omelet breakfast.  Though I feel completely overwhelmed from taking a few days off from work and exhausted, I know that I will feel 100% better tomorrow if I make good choices today.  Now, back to the wedding....what memories. Beside the fire alarm going off in the hotel while we were having our hair and make-up done and the fact that my sister Ally and I screwed up the processional at the church so bad that the Priest made us go back to do it again, it went off without a hitch.  The best memory I will carry with me forever is the fact that both of my parents and all of my brothers and sisters were there.  My parents were both alive and well  to watch every one of their children get married (all five) and that I will cherish forever.   I have attached some pictures for your viewing pleasure.  If you want to hear more about the processional do-over, just ask...it's way too much to blog about....

Isn't she beautiful!

Matrons of Honor and Sisters...

Me and my boy Anthony


My brothers Tom and Todd, Dad, Nikki, Mom, Ally and me....what a family....


No comments:

Post a Comment