Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A 5k a Day Keeps the FAT Away!

As I was talking with my crazy fitness guru friend Nancy the other day, she was telling me about her workout routine and how part of it is to run 3 miles every day.  Something clicked when she said that and I thought it was a great goal!  So, since the day that Nancy totally inspired me, I decided I would run a 5k a day (3.12 miles).  One day I week I spin at The Revolution (GREAT place to workout. I highly recommend it) and the other 4 days I have decided to run a 5K along with my normal routine of weight training and elliptical/stationary bike training.  I LOVE IT!  The key is to keep the TREADMILL from being looked at as the DREADMILL.  For me, a 5k a day is doable.  Any more miles than 3.12 on a treadmill will cause me to hallucinate and fall off. I have an insane amount of energy from meeting my goal and it's making my strength training sessions better and I find myself eating and sleeping better.  My goal is a 5k a day, but everyone's goal is going to be different.  30 minutes of walking a day can also keep the fat away!  just get out and MOVE!  Setting a goal, however, is the key to fitness success!  I would recommend setting your fitness goal on Sunday for the week.  Schedule your exercise sessions in for the week and actually write them in your calendar like you would an important Dr.appointment. Set your goal week to week ONLY.  At the end of the week, if you have completed your goal, treat yourself to something like a massage, pedicure, night out with the girls or guys.  You deserve it!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Now I have more motivation to keep my goal!!

    ReplyDelete