Sunday, January 30, 2011

The BEST Job in the World :)

How many people get to say that their job/career gives them the privilege to literally save lives?  This is the main reason i LOVE my career.  I teach the Boot Camp Challenge (a fitness bootcamp).  BCC is a six-week program that meets 3x per week in the wee hours of the early morning.  It is for men and women of all fitness levels and the program encompasses fitness assessments, workouts and nutritional guidance.  Every 8 weeks or so I start a new camp, with several new people.  Though many of my new recruits are excited to finally get healthy, they are frightened out of their minds to embark on such a challenge.  Well, I'm in the third week of a new camp and there is one recruit that stands out. I'm going to call her Jane. Before camp started Jane frantically contacted me to tell me that she hasn't exercised in years, told me she was nervous and hoped that she could keep up.  I reassured her that she would be okay and that I would take good care of her and I was thrilled to see Jane show up on day one.  She was timid at first, held back, a little insecure about her form and her fitness level.  I do NOT work out with my clients during my class. My class is for them.  My job is to motivate them in a positive manner, make sure they are executing the exercises properly, making certain that their form is superb and most importantly, respecting their fitness limitations.  I have elite athletes in my camp and I have brand new exercisers.  The energy of the different levels creates an amazing, non-judmental, motivational environment.  I noticed on Saturday the transformation starting to happen with Jane.  She came in to class Saturday with her held held high, dabbling in the intermediate options (challenging herself), and challenging herself to see how far she can go within her own fitness level.  I love to see this.  Jane is starting to adopt exercise habits that will last a life time and increasing her self-confidence to a level that she probably has never reached.  Jane came up to me after class to tell me how much she loves BCC and asked how to sign up for the next session. Jane has no idea the effect that has on me as a Personal Trainer.  I was so excited to know that I was helping another client to take the path to a lifetime of healthy habits! My Boot Camp Challenge classes are so much more that 3 hours of exercise per week.  They literally can change the paths of people's lives, creating a quality of life, health and happiness that my recruits never thought they could experience from a simple exercise class.  I LOVE MY JOB!

No comments:

Post a Comment