Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Boot Camp Challenge Before and After Success!





Sue B. is one of my many great Boot Camp Challenge success stories!  Sue came to me NINE years ago for help because she was overweight.  We worked on her nutrition, we worked on her exercise, but Sue just couldn't seem to lose weight.  Sound familiar?  She tried every diet in the book, would lose 5-8 lbs and then just put the weight back on again.  So, then I started the Boot Camp Challenge Program.  She signed up and was ready to go.  She came to every class and submitted a food journal, but Sue just wasn't losing weight.  I knew there was more too it, but I couldn't help Sue until she was honest with herself.  I knew there was a "mind block" and I had a feeling that she was indulging on certain foods but wasn't including them in her journal.  However, I was only with Sue 3 hrs per week.  I cannot help my clients until they are honest with themselves and until they want to truly make a permanent lifestyle change.  In January of 2009, Sue signed up for Boot Camp for the fourth time and told me this was it!  She had just met a wonderful guy and she was very happy with everything in her life except with her weight.  She told me she was sick of watching everyone in BCC class gain strength, lose fat and become faster and more agile.  She promised herself that she would give it 100%.  Oh boy...did she ever.  Sue started to melt away....literally. Within 8 weeks she lost about 10 lbs and decreased her body fat.  She left her 5lb weights in her car and started bringing 10 lb weights to class.  She started SLOWLY changing her eating habits and decided she would never diet again, just make healthier choices. Sue continued to transform from there.  It was the most unbelievable transformation that I ever witnessed.  She lost about 40 lbs in one year and has kept it off for over a year.  Sue just got engaged last weekend and is so excited that she feels great about herself and can pick out her dream wedding gown!  Sue's story is one that many of us can relate to.  She told me that there were a few things that contributed to her success after trying for so many years:



1.  NO EXCUSES.  Sue told me that she decided that no one or nothing (not even her Thyroid disorder) was to blame for her weight.  She took complete responsiblity after years of excuses.

2.  COMMIT 100%.  Sue finally committed and surrendered to the Boot Camp Challenge program and all of the blood, sweat and tears that came with it.  She realized that if she wanted change, it would take lots of hard work.

3.  SMALL CHANGES.  Though Sue decided literally overnight that she was sick and tired of feeling crappy about herself, she took baby steps to meet her goals.  She made one change to her nutrition each week and built on those changes week to week.  She  also started adding in additional days of exercise outside of Boot Camp Challenge class.

4.   FORGIVENESS.  Sue is not perfect.  She has slipped up several times over the past few years.  She has learned though to forgive herself for that extra cookie or missing a workout and start fresh the next day. 



All of these factors have contributed to Sue's amazing transformation.  I always tell my clients the following:  "I can give you the ingredients to fitness success. What you do with the ingredients is up to you!"  Fitness is hard work, every day.  There is no magic pill, shake or quick fix.  It's all about hard work and dedication.  Check out Sue's before and after pics!  I will post her WEDDING PICS later in the year!!!!!! Congratulations on your engagement Suzie Q!  You deserve the best wedding ever!




No comments:

Post a Comment