Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Diet Deprivation...

MY AWESOME HUSBAND MATT AND I.....(even though he never buys me chocolate).  HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY !!!!

Does it really take a Rocket Scientist to figure out why so many are depressed on Valentine's Day?  Even women in the most secure, happiest relationships find themselves a little sad on V-Day.  Why is that?  It is quite obvious.  Two weeks before V-Day we make a harsh decision.  We tell our men that we are watching our waistlines and this V-Day please do NOT buy chocolate.  Whatever!  I did that ONCE and it ruined my life.  One year in the beginning of our marriage when I was young and naive, I told Matt to please DO NOT buy me chocolate.  I was going to stick to my strict diet of zero sugar (back then I loved to fad diet).  I told myself that I could be strong, even on the ONE day of year where I had "permission" from Russell Stover and Whitman to have chocolate.  Though I told him not to buy me the heart full of chocolates he had bought me the year before, I secretly thought he would do it anyway.  My rationale was that if he bought it for me after I told him not to buy it, I would have to eat it because it would have been down right rude to not accept a gift from my husband. So, on V-Day that year, I opened my beautifully wrapped gifts.  I will NEVER forget it.  My dear Matt did NOT buy me chocolate. He listened to me and bought me zero chocolate.  I received a bathrobe that year and slippers in bright purple.  My favorite color is purple so Matt thought he would buy EVERYTHING in purple.  I looked like I threw up purple all over myself.  It was definitely a little much.  I was disappointed that year that I didn't receive chocolate and it has ruined every V-Day since.  I tell Matt every year now to buy me some chocolate, but he NEVER does! Don't get me wrong, I get dinner and nice little gifts, but what is up with that?  Ladies, don't ruin it for yourself!  Why put yourself through the deprivation?  You know what will happen...if you deprive yourself of anything 100%, then at some point you WILL weaken and binge like crazy!  MODERATION REALLY DOES WORK!  So, my message here is to enjoy your chocolate covered strawberries or a few chocolates.  Don't eat the entire box on V-Day....one chocolate per day for a week may be just what you need. I woke up this morning to a beautiful 2011 calendar this morning with photos of my boys, friends, and family from Matt and a BEAUTIFUL charm for my bracelet from my boys.  However, I didn't get any chocolate...Twelve years of marriage and he still thinks that I don't want chocolate....sigh...I will do today, what I do every year.  I will be go out to the drugstore  later to buy myself a box of RS....actually, if I wait until tomorrow, it will be 50% off ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment