Monday, February 28, 2011

Bible Bread


So, you think you're so cool because you eat a low-carb diet?  We'll cool people eat carbs.  Did you hear me?  COOL PEOPLE EAT CARBS!  Seriously...I would literally keel over and die during my workouts if I was on a low-carb diet.  I have tried them all.  I remember being on a low-carb diet years ago and almost fainting 3x during my workout because I had NO carbs  in my system.  If you are working out 5x per week like you all should be, then you need to fuel your body with a nice balance of carbs, proteins and fat.  When you choose you carbs though, choose wisely.  Choose whole wheat pasta, brown rice, sweet potatoes, etc...As far as bread goes, I completely LOVE  Ezekiel Bread aka "Bible Bread".  Ezekiel bread is sprouted 100% whole grain bread. It's ALL natural, no preservatives, flourless and it is super healthy!  It is rated THREE STARS at Hannaford using the Hannaford Guiding Stars.  That means it is totally healthy!  Ezekiel bread can be found in the organic, frozen section of Hannaford. It comes in about 3-4 flavors. I recommend always toasting it.  I have tried to thaw it and eat it, but it's like an English Muffin....tastes much better toasted.  My favorite is the Cinnamon Raisin. I have a slice most every morning with 1/2 serving of natural peanut butter and 8oz of skim milk.  This is my pre-workout meal.  LOVE IT!  80 cals per slice, 0 fat, 18 g carbs, 2g fiber and 3 proteins. It is about $5 per loaf.  I know....it's expensive, but isn't your health worth it?  I have attached a photo so you know what to look for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment