Sunday, February 20, 2011

Water Slide Wedding CRUNCH TIME!

Blood, sweat and tears...that is what I have been putting into my workouts.  Okay, maybe there has been no blood or tears, but anyone who knows me, knows there has been quite a bit of sweat.  I have learned to embrace my sweat.  When I get a good "sweat on", I feel empowered.  My husband begs to differ.  He told me a few weeks ago that I should consider Botox.  Before, I could punch him, he quickly clarified that my face is beautiful just the way it is.  He said that I should consider it for medicinal purposes.  Apparently, Botox is now used as a "sweat blocker".  A few shots in those arm pits and you don't sweat as much.  Wow...between the lack of chocolates on V-Day and this comment, he's walking on thin ice.  I still love him though.  Luckily, it's VERY difficult to offend me.  So, the Waterslide Wedding is in 90 days from today and my sister Ally has been working hard to lose her baby weight (10 weeks postpartum) and I have been working my tail off to bounce back from the holidays so I can be in the best shape EVER as an almost 38 year-old bridesmaid.  Therefore, Ally and I have been putting off picking out our dresses until now...crunch time.  So, we did it.  We took the plunge and found our dresses yesterday. You will notice I am wearing both of them. We chose two different styles since we have completely different taste.  Ally will be wearing the green dress, but in HOT PINK.  I will be wearing the HOT PINK dress in HOT PINK. Two different styles, same color. This dress-up thing is right up Ally's alley.  For me though, it's tough.  If I'm not in spandex and sneakers, dripping with sweat, I am completely out of my comfort zone.  You can tell by the expression on my face in the photo...and that's WITHOUT the heels.  I will do my best though to act like a lady for my sister's wedding. It will be challenging, but I think I can pull it off. The dresses need some hemming and altering, but they are ordered and I cannot WAIT for my little sister to get married.  Because the wedding party consists of just my sister and I, the planning has been so intimate and so much fun. These are memories that we never will forget.....Bring on the heels, baby!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment