Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Benefits of Journaling your Food and Mel's RESULTS!

Keeping a food/exercise journal last week was great!  It was such a pain, but no one ever said this fitness stuff would be easy.  If we want results, we need to work for it!  I am no different than my clients.  I know quite a bit about exercise and nutrition.  However, the ice-cream monster still lingers often in my closets and my pantries.  I crave junk too!  Journaling forced me to face head-on, my weaknesses.  I am a pretzel and ice cream junkie.  I cut the pretzels out, but I just cannot and will not cut the ice-cream out.  These are the types of choices we need to make.  If we want to be healthy, we must make sacrifices.  We don't need to be perfect by any means.  However, journaling your food will make you AWARE!  It certainly made me aware!  So, what were my results?

I rarely weigh myself and I truly believe that our society needs to throw our scales out the window.  However, I weighed myself before and after my journaling experiment and I lost THREE pounds!  For my little, miniature frame, 3 lbs is GREAT!  I'm very pleased with that.  I'll just throw it all out there.  I started the week at 128 lbs and after 7 days I weighed 125.  That includes 5 days of moderate-vigorous exercise.  Please remember how important exercise is!  GET IT IN! 

Though I'm not journaling this week, I am still working on being very aware of my food intake and my exercise.  My dress fitting is coming up for the Waterslide Wedding and I want to feel like a 20 yr old bridesmaid!  I know I can do it! 

www.makeitfittraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment