Friday, April 29, 2011

Do You Lose "Workout Steam" on Fridays?

I do...Actually, I NEVER workout on Saturdays and I rarely work out on Sundays.  I'm GREAT M-Th.  Then by Friday morning, I begin talking myself out of going to the gym.  However, I stop myself quickly because I have been victim to that voice in my head trying to convince me to stay home to catch up on work instead. Can't you picture it?...Jane Fonda with her leg warmers on my right shoulder telling me to work out.  Then there is Richard Simmons with a pitchfork on my left shoulder, telling me that I can just sweat to the oldies tomorrow.  This morning was one of those mornings!  I had a long, tiring week, just like the rest of you.  So I peeled myself out of bed and got dressed immediately.  If I went downstairs in my PJ's first, Richard Simmons would have won.  Before I even went downstairs I put my contacts in, brushed my teeth, and put on my workout clothes.  That was a step in the right direction!  As soon as the kids were on the bus, I was GONE!  I was still tired and needed a bit of motivation once I got to the Y. So as soon as I arrived, I hopped on the elliptical.  It was 8a.m and do YOU know what is on A&E at 8:00 a.m.?  Reruns of THE SOPRANOS! Dang, I love that show!  So, while EVERYONE else at the Y was watching the boring kiss between William and Kate over and over and over again,  I burned over 400 cals in 30 minutes of Mafia Massacre.  During the commercials, I kicked it up an extra notch for some interval training.  By the time my 30 minutes were up, I had plenty of energy so I hit the track for some lunges.  I put on my Bethany Beach playlist (to remind me that i need to be in a bikini in 3 months) and I ended up doing 25 minutes of walking lunges around the track.  It felt great! I also kept thinking about my sister's wedding coming up in 3 weeks from today!  I can't wait.  Did you see my shoes yet?  Here is a picture, just in case you haven't seen them.  Anyone want to teach me how to walk in them?


www.makeitfittraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment