Monday, April 25, 2011

Power Packed Breakfast

Hello blog readers!  Sorry I haven't blogged in over a week.  My kids were home last week do I decided to limit my time on the computer.  What a great week and a great holiday.  Now it's time to get back into work mode and workOUT mode.  My back was bothering me yet again last week, so my exercise was limited to only 3x.  I feel great now and just came back from a full weight training/cardio workout at the gym!  I was dreaming about my egg white/spinach and cheese omelet that I was going to make, only soon realizing that the kids colored all of my eggs and then ate them.  I have ZERO eggs in the house. How depressing!  All I found were cheerios and I need to eat an entire box of cheerios to feel satiated.  Then....I spotted the new canister of oatmeal I just bought!  Woot woot!  I go in out and of Oatmeal phases.  I haven't had oats in a while, so I decided that I would have them for my post-workout breakfast this morning.  I forgot how good they are and how healthy they are!  Be CAREFUL!  When I say "oatmeal", I DO NOT mean the instant packets loaded with sugar and artificial flavor.  I mean the steel cut oats or the five grain cereal that I bought.  The ingredients in my canister are:  100% natural oats, rye, barely, golden flax and triticale (triticale is a hybrid grain by crossing wheat and rye packed with protein).  I cooked it in water, added salt, a teaspoon of real sugar and some ground cinnamon.  YUM!  I feel plenty satiated and just put some serious nutrients into my body.  Here is the nutritional value:

Cals:  160
Fat:    2.5 g
Carbs:  28 g
Fiber:    6 g
Sugars:   4.2 (would be zero if i didn't add sugar)
Protein:   6 grams

I have attached a picture.  I bought it in the organic section of Hannaford.  Tastier then plain old Oats.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment