Sunday, July 3, 2011

Friday's Exercise Journal

It has been a very busy Holiday weekend and this is my first chance to log in my exercise for Friday, July 1st.  It was leg and cardio day again.  That means I completed six workouts this past week.  2 days of upper/cardio, 2 days of lower/cardio and 2 days of just cardio.  Remember to work out your major muscle groups 2-3x per week and to perform cardio most days (5-6).  Coupled with a well-balanced, nutrient-dense diet, I promise you that it will pay off.  Last night, my hubby told me that my booty and thighs are looking nice and tight without me even prompting him.  Woot woot!!!!  Okay so, here was my sixth day workout:

*walking lunges (3x around YMCA track.  About 300 lunges..this counts as cardio too!)
*loaded squat press (DREADFUL....180 lbs 3 sets/10 reps)
*heel raises on the squat press (180 lbs 3 sets/10 reps)
*leg extension machine (60 lbs 3 sets/10 reps)
*stiff legged dead lifts (50lb barbell...careful...perfect form is crucial here.  2 sets/10 reps)

plus 20 minutes on the DREADMILL:  I mixed it up with an interval workout today. I repeated the following for 20 minutes:

*5 minutes running at 6.2
*5 minutes walking at 3.2 on the highest hill incline possible (level 20)  WITHOUT holding on.  That's the key...do NOT hold on.  Holy cow...i was DYING.  Much harder than running.  My tush, legs, and lungs were BURNING!!!!

Happy 4th of July weekend!  Make smart, healthy choices and watch those summery, sugary drinks! 

xxxooo
www.makeitfittraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment