Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's a New Year....Time to Reflect on 2011 and to Set Goals for 2012...

I have taken lots of time off this week to hang out with my kids and to read.  Dang, I love to read.  It is my absolute favorite past time.  I plowed through Dragon Tattoo in four days and tomorrow I will go see the movie.  The movies....my second favorite pasttime.  I LOVE going to the movies.  However, I love going alone.  I don't know why, but I enjoy a movie much more when I am by myself.  It's very relaxing and calming for me.  As I reflect on 2011 I realize I did not read enough and I did not go to the movies enough.  Why do we deprive ourselves of the simple things that make us feel good and relaxed?  I wish I had the answer....too busy is the first thing that comes to mind.  How DARE we take time for ourselves when the laundry is overflowing and the dishes are piled up in the sink? sigh......I will work on that for 2012.  Twenty Eleven brought so many unexpected events... some good and some challenging.  Things that if you told me a year ago would happen, I would have NEVER believed it.  I need to list a few so I can reflect.

1.   My sister's wedding....what a GREAT event and memories that will last forever
2.   My friend Janet having a baby.  This was one of the most blessed miracles of 2011 for sure
3.   Selling my house on a whim and buying my parents house...the house I grew up in
4.   My mother getting sick with a rare autoimmune disease that they STILL can't figure out.  However, they are treating it as Lupus and she is responding GREAT!
5.   My husband getting a new job and leaving his state job after 19 years.  talk about a RISK! 
6.   Going to NYC for the first time with my family.  So much fun...
7.    Watching my boys grow more and develop their own very strong personalities and celebrating their differences
8.    Anthony wincing and shrugging me off when I try to hug or kiss him in public :(
9.    Austin still acting as my favorite little snuggle monster and cherishing every minute of it
10.  Learning about several unexpected tragic deaths of people from our community and thinking that their families will be ending 2011 never thinking that they would have lost a child, spouse, friend this year.
12.  Having another GREAT year in business and working hard, hard, hard (sometimes too hard)
13.  Celebrating another great year of good health and good fortune.

I have asked my Trainers to reflect on their personal and professional goals for 2012 which has inspired me to do the same.  I'm going to keep it simple....

1.   personally:  have more fun,  read more, go to the movies more and play board games with my kids, even though i would rather shoot myself in the foot then play board games.  I loathe board games....
2.   professionally:  Get my Cycling Cert and teach a Hair Bands Cycling class.  Woo hooooo!  To continue to nurture and grow my company and maybe make a video.  Did i really say that out loud?

Best wishes to you all for a healthy and prosperous 2012!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment