Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Year Resolution Check-In...How's It Goin?

Seventeen days into the New Year....I must say things are going REALLY well.  Last year I made a resolution to run a "5k a day".  This year I decided NOT to make a fitness/exercise resolution.  This year I wanted to work on balancing my life.  I have been working REALLY hard at it, but it has been paying off and my findings are eye-opening.  So, part of my resolution, if you have read my previous blogs, was to spend more time doing the things that relax me.  Two of the most relaxing hobbies I have are going to the movies and reading (not the self-help stuff, but pure mindless entertainment).  Since the holidays, I have read FOUR books and I have seen THREE movies.  I try to block out at least one hour per day to read and I have been very successful!  The interesting thing is, the more I read, the more I want to read and the more relaxed I feel.  I have also been the movies almost every weekend.  Sometimes alone and sometimes with my hubby or kids.  I feel better then I have in a long time.  I feel more balanced, relaxed, efficient with my work and I have more energy.  And guess what happens when I have more energy?  I workout MORE and HARDER! I have made it to the Y or to The Rev 5x per week, every week since the New Year.  I feel great.  I like this balance thing....it's awesome.  How are all of YOU doing?  I would love to hear from you...

No comments:

Post a Comment