Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Switch It Up!

Many of us stop exercising for one HUGE reason....boredom....Get up, go to the gym...get on the elliptical and watch reruns of the Sopranos....wait....that's what I do.  However, how can ANYONE get bored of Tony Soprano...I look forward to that part of my workout.  However,  I do not watch Tony 5 days per week.  I need to switch it up every single day.  All of us need a change. Not to mention, when we switch up our workout routines, our body keeps burning fat efficiently because it is constantly challenged.  My workout routine consists of the following (right now...i change it up every 6-8 weeks).

Sun:  One hour spin with Nancy at The Rev
Mon:  Upper body circuit training and 30 minutes of elliptical, bike, run or a mix off all three
Tues:  Lower body circuit training and 3 laps of walk lunges along with 20-30 of elliptical, bike or run
Wed:  OFF
Thurs:  100 toe push ups and upper body circuit (different exercises then Mon)
Fri:     Lower body circuit and 3 laps of lunges along with 20-30 of cardio mix
Sat:    OFF

I rarely get bored because every day is a challenge and is different.  I also make sure that I listen to some good tunes.  Once in a while I bring my Kindl if I'm in the midst of a really good book and I'm guilty as charged...I never workout as hard if I'm reading.  Therefore, I try to save my Kindl for the stationary bike as an EXTRA treat when my workout is complete or I leave it at home. 

Remember to respect your limitations, listen to your body, but PUSH out of your comfort zone!  When you feel completely burnt out, take a few days off from exercise to refresh and replenish! Enjoy!

www.makeitfittraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment