Thursday, June 23, 2011

Blog SLACKER

I'm so sorry that my blogging has been sporadic lately.  We are in the middle of a move and the end of the school year, amongst some other things so it has been CRAZY around here and will continue to be crazy for the next several weeks.  I promise to get back into my blogging groove soon.  Until then, here is a fantastic dinner I made the other night that took 5 minutes to prepare.  It's the "Summer of Salads" for me:

1 rotisserie Turkey breast from PC or Hannaford
romaine lettuce
cucumbers
tomatoes
any other veggie (those are the only two i had in the house)
chopped avocado
reduced fat feta cheese
light dressing

slice the turkey breast while it's warm and top salad with it!  have your dressing on the side or drizzle it on.  A TEENY BIT!  Do not let your salad go for a swim in your dressing.  High, lean protein from the turkey breast, good fat from the avocado and your veggies!  if you want to add good carbs and a serving of fruit, chop up and apple or a peach or throw some grapes in there!

ENJOY!  Here is a photo....




No comments:

Post a Comment