Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Today is a Sad Day...

Today was a very sad day because it was the last time that I will ever in my life, be able to enter my age as "37" into the treadmill.  Tomorrow I will have to enter "38"....that's way to close to "40".  Not that there is anything wrong with 40, but I do not feel a day older than 25.  I have noticed however, that gravity is taking over a bit.  I have to twice as many tricep exercises to keep the bat wings from flapping away and a few more walking lunges to prevent my tush from mopping up the floor. Oh well....it just makes me work harder :)  So, tomorrow is my birthday.  I'm not big on birthdays.  I don't dread getting older by any means and I don't HATE birthdays...I just don't like to make a big deal of mine.  One thing I do religiously on my birthday, however, is to weigh myself.  I do NOT weigh myself often, but I do every year on June 15th.  I have seen way too many people slowly gain weight year after year and then end up with health problems when suddenly they are 50lbs overweight.  I refuse to let that happen.  My goal is to weigh no more than 125 lbs on my birthday each year. If allow myself to gain one pound each year, when I'm 88 I'll be 50lbs heavier than I am now.  Not an option.  Therefore, I work hard all year to maintain a healthy weight of 125.  Some years I may be a few lbs more than that, but then my goal for the next year is to be back down to 125.  Now that I've thrown my crazy, insane philosophy out there, I suppose I have to report my weight tomorrow...No biggie...I never did care much about keeping my weight a secret....

www.makeitfittraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment