Friday, March 11, 2011

Mel's Workout of the Day

Here's a tush-kicker.  I tried this one out this morning at the Y and it was awesome!

5 laps of walking lunges around a small track or 500 walking lunges
*muscles worked:  quads, hamstrings, glutes (all lower body) AND cardio!

5k jog or jog/walk.  I am tired of the DREADMILL!  I ran around the track for 30 minutes after my walking lunges.  Probably a little more than a 5k.
*muscles worked:  cardiovascular

50 push-ups on your toes if you can.  I did 5 sets of 10 with a small break between each set.  This helped me to stay on my toes and not have to come down to my knees
*muscles worked:  back, chest, triceps, biceps and core

3 sets of 12 seated shoulder press
*muscles worked:  shoulders

3 sets of 12 alternating standing bicep curls
*muscles worked:  biceps

3 sets of 12 overhead extensions (champagne glass lifts)
*muscles worked:  triceps

This took me about 75 minutes.  It felt great and worked almost every major muscle group!  Happy exercising!

www.makeitfittraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment